Blister Packaging Machines
Toolrite offer solutions to maintain and increase the productivity of Blister packaging machines. You can review the various products we design and manufacture by visiting our products page.
Blister Packing is a type of packaging that consists of a formed material which creates a cavity, with a foil material which creates a lid. The product is sealed within the blister. It is then protected from external factors such as moisture, air, and physical damage.
Here’s how blister packaging generally works:
- Cavity Formation; In most cases the plastic blister is formed by heating a thermoplastic (usually PVC, PET, or other materials) allowing a mould tool to form the desired pocket. This creates the individual cavities or pockets to hold the product.
- Product Placement; The products, such as pills, capsules, small electronic components, or other items, are placed into the individual blister cavities. This is done manually or using a feeding system to automate the process.
- Lidding Foil; The form material is sealed to the foil or other backing material that provides support and stability. Backing foil can contain branding, product information, usage instructions, and other relevant details.
- Sealing; The thermoplastic blister is sealed to the lidding foil using heat, adhesive, or a combination of both. The seal keeps the products securely in place and prevents tampering.
- Completed product; Consumers can easily access the product by removing it from the packaging. Depending on the design, the plastic blister may be perforated or have easy-to-open tabs to facilitate opening.
Blister packaging offers several advantages:
- Product visibility; The thermoplastic blister can be clear which allows consumers to see the product, which can be important for items with specific features or designs.
- Tamper Proof; Blister packs are designed to be tamper proof and include features that indicate if the pack has been tampered with.
- Protection; This kind of packaging provides protection against air, moisture and physical damage.
If you have a product which requires blister packing, feel free to contact us for support.